Name : Eric Sambre.
Born : 1965.
Nationality : Belgian.
Location : Namur.
Altitude : a few feet above ground, usually.
Techniques : digital painting, photo manipulation.
- 2016 - "Arts et math - Ecriture(s)" - Brussels, Belgium
- 2015 - "ULB et VUB exposed" - Brussels, Belgium
- 2014 - "Arts et math" - Brussels, Belgium
- 2013 - "Chiamata alle arti" - Salerno, Italy
- 2013 - "Images du sud" - Brussels, Belgium
- 2011 - "ULB s'expose" - Brussels, Belgium
- ULB Collection of Contemporary Art
My work is at the opposite of conceptual art: it is form that gives birth to the idea, rather than the contrary. I usually start from the vibrance and sensuality of a single color that has catched my eye. Within a square composition I favor for its richness and purity, I then mix hues, shapes and textures to evoke micro-worlds or to tell fragments of stories, often with a strong oniric component. All the rest is yours: how you will complete the story, or what you will decide to do in my pocket universe – be it dreaming in the grass or flying above imaginary cities – it is now yours to inhabit.